Year Of The Rabbit

In honor of the Year of the Rabbit and Easter, I picked up a few children's books over the weekend featuring bunny rabbits.  I don't think it's ever too early for children to learn morals from storytelling and book reading.  BB recently mentioned to me The Tortoise and the Hare (the classic Aesop fable) and I found a copy at the store that I plan to share with him.  By happenstance, I also found a vintage copy of The Country Bunny and the Little Gold Shoes, a book written in 1939 but with very modern views on class and gender issues, just in time for Easter.  The illustrations (by Marjorie Hack) are just as good as the story itself.

Easter at our house is strictly a secular affair consisting of colored eggs, candy, baskets and Easter egg hunts so teaching BB and DD morals we agree with seems like a good companion to all of the chocolate.

Comments

Popular Posts