Christmas in February + Just DD


After our play date night last Saturday, we had some other friends come over in the evening after the boys were in bed.  We had: coffee, cupcakes (2 kinds!), chocolate cake, coffee, and Christmas gifts (not exchanged until now).  And of course good conversation.

The boys were surprised to see Christmas gifts waiting for them the next morning.  After the excitement, DD and I got a Zipcar and went down to the museums.  We walked through the garden, had a snack at the Castle, and saw Buddhas at the Sackler.  My plan was to take him to lunch at a little restaurant near our house but he so enjoys driving a new (to him) car that he made me drive him around town in the Zipcar for 30 minutes.  So we skipped the restaurant and had lunch at home.  Missing his brother a bit and also knowing that he can get away with things when it's just me, DD skipped nap (despite my efforts) and we ended up watching a movie together in bed.

Meanwhile, C took BB to see a Disney show way out in Virginia.  We bought tickets months and months ago to get him first row seats and our efforts were not wasted on this grateful boy.   After lunch, C and BB rushed to Maryland for BB's best friend's birthday party where she was the princess and he was the prince.  I heard they sashayed down the aisle hand-in-hand.  In the afternoon DD and I took the metro to my parents' house and reunited with C and BB there for dinner.  It was a very busy Sunday.

Comments

Popular Posts