Birthday Festivities

My parents came over in the evening to watch the boys so that C and I could go out to a nice birthday dinner.  C doesn't eat seafood so we usually don't go for sushi or seafood because I feel guilty.  But once a year when it's my birthday, I drop all feelings of guilt and go for it.  Not only did I gorge on sushi and sashimi, I had oysters as well.  Afterward we stopped by a new cafe in our neighborhood for lattes.  We're having another date night this weekend to celebrate further.  Yes, birthdays around here are month-long festivities.

The highlight of my birthday this year was having BB and DD individually wish me a happy birthday in the morning.  DD quickly followed his up with a hug and then asked "how about me?"  It was the 5th birthday I've celebrated as their mama.

Comments

Popular Posts