Spring Break 2011

We arrived in the Outer Banks in the afternoon.  The drive down was fast even with a stop for lunch in Colonial Williamsburg.  We are staying at the tippy top of the Outer Banks (Milepost 1).  It's cold but that didn't stop the boys from hitting the beach after exploring the house.

We wiggled our toes in the sand and collected a basketful of seashells before heading out to buy some sand toys (we forgot to bring ours).  You can't tell from these photos but DD gave us quite a scare - actually 3 separate scares - in the span of about 30 minutes.  We're staying in a multi-level home and the boys were playing in the elevator and running up and down the stairs while C and I unloaded the car.  DD fell down 3 times on the stairs, once cutting his face open (it's pretty bad) and the second time falling backward down half a flight of stairs.  I needed a drink after that one.  The last fall was more of a slip but he was banned from running on the stairs for the rest of the night.  To add insult to injury (literally), DD caught a stomach virus the day before we left.  His teacher called to tell me he wasn't right so I picked him up early.  He spent the rest of the day vomiting, poor baby.

After bath we played a new Haba game I bought just for the trip called Socken Zocken.  I've got a several outings planned for our stay here but I'm also trying to remind myself to relax and play things by ear.  We're on vacation.

Comments

Popular Posts