Winter Nesting

We're slowly making our way down the list of to-dos for the house.  And I keep adding things on to that already long list.  This sh*t never ends!  Don't get me wrong, our house is perfectly lovely.  But there are rooms that can be improved upon and that is the level on which we're operating right now.

Beyond the structural work, we need to get rid of some furniture and acquire new pieces, buy and install new lighting and window treatments in certain rooms, change paint colors in parts of the house (I'm in the mood for warm, charcoal greys and icy light greys), hang some artwork as well as buy some new pieces, and buy a few new rugs.  I shouldn't be complaining because this is the fun stuff.  But some where in the back of my mind is the knowledge that we will be moving...soon.  Not this year, but possibly next year or the year after at the latest.  And the memory of the time that we had to move 3 times in one year haunts me.   All that stuff to wrap and pack and unwrap and unpack and sort through and organize.  I was cursing every purchase I ever made.  So instead of putting pedal to the metal, I'm more like riding the brakes and it's kind of an awkward place to be.

Comments

Popular Posts