Prince Charming and The Heartbreaker on Valentines Day


C and I kind of had a Valentines Weekend instead of a day.  It started with Saturday date night, then a Sunday lunch, and finally a middle of the workday lunch on Monday!  That's three meals alone in three days; a record.

But Valentines Day isn't the same as it used to be once the kids came.  And I don't mean that in a negative way at all.  It's just different.  C used to do things like send me 4 dozen doughnuts at the office on V-day.  And as much as I cherish those memories, this V-day I just wanted to hang up the V-day cards the boys made for me, surprise them with a pick up at preschool, and have a family Love cake to celebrate.

To make things even more exciting, the temperature soared into the 60s on V-day and it felt like Spring.  So many things to look forward to in the next few weeks - a long weekend, a visit from JJ, a good friend's birthday, my own birthday.

Comments

Popular Posts