A Taste of Spring + Some Non-Newtonian Fluid

The weather has been very mild with the rest of the week getting warmer and warmer.  That means more outdoor time and less of me looking through craft books and my own Ohdeedoh archives for indoor activities.  Old man winter, I was just getting used to you.

We've got aspirational plans for the long weekend (made even longer by the fact that the boys don't have school on Friday).  In the meantime, I'm squeezing in some of the last indoor activities on my list including playing with oobleck.  Remember oobleck from when you were a kid?  It's a suspension that challenges your understanding of solids and liquids.  I found out that it's actually categorized as a non-Newtonian fluid (remember that from physics?).  Yeah, look it up.  I made a batch the other night and the boys were in awe (as was C who had never played with oobleck before).

The weather this time of year feels kind of oobleck-y.  It looks like winter with the naked trees and small piles of dirty snow but feels a bit like spring.  It makes you think you don't need a coat and scarf and then the wind chills you to the bone.

Comments

Popular Posts