A Bodega + A Snack + An Ice Cannon




My Friday afternoon plans were foiled by some rain and gusting winds, the kind where power lines went down.  So we stayed indoors.  I decided to set up a little store, a bodega that sold all kinds of goodies.  DD was really excited for this play.  We set up baskets and bins and sorted much of our play food into categories.  Then I set up some play money and receipts and strolled around with a shopping bag pretending to browse.  I asked the shopkeepers for specific things to see if they looked in the right baskets.  They handed over the merchandise, I paid them, BB would record the sale and DD would hand me a receipt.

After numerous shopping expeditions, DD started pushing the pastries.  I'd ask for mushrooms and he'd try to upsell me on cupcakes and cookies.  Then suddenly he took off into the kitchen and demanded a cookie.  Being around the play pastries had driven him crazy.  He no longer wanted to play anymore; he just wanted to eat.  So I gave them each a handful of mini marshmallows and that was the end of the bodega.

Moments later BB dismantled DD's artful confection display and took the two-tier serving tray for himself.  He said he needed it for something else, an ice cannon as it turns out.  He made us tape it to the front of one of the motorcycles.  Looks like Mr. Freeze is back.

Comments

Popular Posts