Vintage Snoopy


We buy books often and go to the library as much as we can (budget cuts have meant a scaling back of hours making it difficult to go on the weekends).  BB also brings home a borrowed book every week from his preschool library.  In addition to these sources, I've been slowly adding to our collection of childrens' vintage books.  I love the artwork in many of these books, especially the color palette.  I find that many times it's a better paper quality and a better binding than new books.  And I love the classic stories many of which I remember from my own childhood.

Over the weekend I scored an entire set of Charlie Brown's Cyclopedia.  Yes, all 15 volumes in great condition.  The books ask and answer all types of interesting questions, the kinds of questions kids BB's age and older, ask and parents like me and C have a hard time answering.  "How do magnets work?"  There is a whole volume dedicated to magnetism.  When I was a young child, my parents bought me the entire set of Disney's Book of Knowledge encyclopedias and I read them almost cover to cover.  So I am hoping BB and DD will love these as much.

I've also been collecting vintage craft books.  These are great resources I like to keep on hand for a cold rainy day that must be spent indoors.  I'm slowly reading through them all and bookmarking the really good projects.  In preparation, I've been buying craft supplies every weekend.  Last weekend it was popsicle sticks and toothpicks.

Comments

Popular Posts