Playing That Balancing Game Again

Well, things are back to normal here in D.C., at least with respect to the weather.  We're finally having a full week of school and I'm eager to get back to routines.  We had a pretty chill weekend going to the boys' regular classes, attending a birthday party, but staying mainly indoors for the rest of the time.  Everyone just seemed to want to nest in the house. 

If I was feeling at all like I could leave some of my parenting duties on autopilot while I focused more on work in the last several months (or the last year, really), then some things we found out this weekend kicked me in the ass and made me realize I can never shirk on parenting.  I think things are going to be okay, but I need to be more involved.  That's the bottom line.  The scales are going to tip, but always in favor of my family.

And so I watch the results of Tuesday's election with bated breath.

Comments

Popular Posts