This Year's Gingerbread House

While I had a little bit of time the other night, I constructed the basic structure of our gingerbread house and let it dry.  Last night after dinner, I set up small bowls filled with gumdrops and other sugary candies, marshmallows, and cereal.  And unlike in years past, I let BB and DD do all the designing.  I only helped here and there with the pastry bag of icing.  Lots and lots of candy was ingested but that's okay.  It's Christmas.  Their favorite part besides eating the candy?  Sprinkling on the "snow" (powdered sugar).  I use the term "sprinkling" loosely here.  It was more like dumping.

I love coming up with traditions and celebrations to share with BB and DD.  I know I'll look back at these moments and feel happiness.  And I hope they will too.

Comments

Popular Posts