Holiday List

At the start of each season, I compile a list of all the activities I want to do with the boys.  The list is a compilation of notes jotted down in my calendar, emails to myself, bookmarks of webpages, and a jumble of ideas in my head.  But I thought this holiday, I should get better organized and write it all down somewhere like I did with our Summer List.  As with all things, these are my plans and ideas, not a checklist of to-dos.  We're bound to miss/skip a bunch of these things while adding other outings and activities this season.  So here it is and as you can see, we've already started on a few:

Assemble Winter village
Bake Christmas cookies and decorate them
Go out to look at Christmas lights after dark
Make and decorate a gingerbread house
Decorate the front window
Nature arts + crafts for winter
Make our own ornaments
String popcorn garlands
String cranberry garlands
String and dry orange garlands
Make gifts for teachers
Eat candy canes
Take kids to a holiday show
Take kids to the Nutcracker
Purchase presents for Toys for Tots
Gather and read all of our Christmas and Winter books
Find our Elf everyday
Visit Santa
Holiday shopping in NYC
Cull our toys and donate a large batch
Go to the roofdeck with blankets to look at the stars
Watch a Christmas movie before bed
Write a letter to Santa
Prepare and watch Santa videos to kids
Write a list of 5 things you are thankful for this year
Listen to Christmas music
Invite friends over for get togethers

Comments

Popular Posts