Handmade Holiday, Part I

Working from home gives me the opportunity to cook a more time-consuming meal for dinner, prepare a hot lunch for the boys, and set-up the ingredients for a project for later in the evening.

On our Holiday List, we have plans to make orange garlands again and trying our hand at our own Christmas ornaments.  So in the few moments before heading out to pick up DD from school, I sliced a bag of oranges and laid them out to dry on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.  You can hasten the drying process by putting them into a warm oven.  I also prepped a big ball of salt dough, one of the types of ornaments we're going to make.  There's no exact recipe - I just did one part flour, one part salt, and then water bit by bit until I got the consistency I wanted.

With this preparation, later this evening we can roll out the salt dough and cut out all our ornaments for drying.

Comments

Popular Posts