A Christmas Tree. Finally.

We were a bit late getting our Christmas tree this year.  Just not enough time. So finally, in the middle of the week, C left the office early and took the boys to buy our tree.  I was a little sad to miss it but so glad that they went.  Maybe this will be the start of new family tradition taking hold for the holidays where the men go out and get the tree.  We'll see.  BB told me he picked it out and what a fine fir tree it is.  We left it unadorned for a few days before putting on the twinkling lights.  We save the ornaments and garlands for last.  On the first night, Elfy Sam was in the tree waiting for the boys  to discover him.

I also bought a small tree for the boys' room.  I'm hoping to make my way to the craft store to buy a few small decorations for it.

It's the last day of school before a long winter break.  The press of work won't allow me to take too much time off this year, but I'm still counting on hours and days here and there to spend finishing up craft projects, decorating the house, buying and wrapping all the gifts, sending out our holiday cards, and doing all of our other Christmas activities.  Someone once gave me great advice - when the kids are young, spend every Christmas at home to build those strong memories.  That's not to say we won't travel at some point (Switzerland during the holidays sounds lovely), but that will be in the future when the boys are older.

Comments

Popular Posts