Sometimes You Just Have To Party

We were supposed to have gone out of town this past weekend but those plans got cancelled.  Since my in-laws were here, we wanted to stay in town plus we had a birthday party to go to.  Our short trip may or may not get rescheduled at this point; there are only so many days left of summer.

I'm looking at our Summer List and still longing to do a bunch of things but the boys just want to swim in the pool these days.  The fact that I'm struggling with it tells me that I'm still trying to schedule too much.  Friends have been expressing their eagerness for the school year to start.  Not us!  If I could, I would make summer a six month long affair.  The rest of the month is looking pretty sweet.  One more week of work and then I'm off for half days for a week.  We'll be hanging out poolside, at museums, at the beach and at the parks.  Then we're headed off to Bethany for our final summer getaway.

Comments

Popular Posts