A Morning At The Gallery

We continue to enjoy our unscheduled Saturday mornings around here.  Because my in-laws are in town, we opted for something indoors that was nice and cool.  BB has been honing his drawing skills recently so I decided to goto the National Gallery of Art.

BB and DD took great interest in the paintings.  Both boys commented on the naked people (without giggling!); BB asked about the long-necked women in Modigliani paintings; DD asked about the lack of color in Lewis Baltz's Ronde de Nuit photographs; we talked about Realism and Impressionism.  And that is the extent my knowledge about art.  I was an engineering major before graduating with an economics degree.  Then I went to law school.  I've never taken an art history class or any kind of art class for that matter.  But I know what I like and why I like it.  I guess it's time for me to hit the art books.  If you have any recommendations or suggestions, let me know in the comments or email me!

After a romp in the outdoor fountain (cut short by the security guards) we had lunch and headed out for our afternoon fun.  More on that tomorrow.  Despite my best efforts, summer weekends have been super packed with activities.  The boys have been sleeping like rocks.

Comments

Popular Posts