A Family And A Couple

As much as we love being with our boys (and we do love it!), C and I know the importance of having couple time every now and again.  All couples with children are different - some pride themselves on never having left their children with others while some have a standing date night every week and vacation without the kids regularly.  We fall somewhere in the middle with date nights twice a month but, with the exception of a trip to Aruba when pregnant with DD, no trips sans the boys.

This is not to say that we don't have a list of places in the world we'd like to visit (or revisit) as a couple.  But we also have a long list of places in the world we'd like to visit with the boys.  When we first became parents, this issue became somewhat of a sore spot in our relationship - C wanted more couple time and I didn't.  I think I was still in the baby bonding phase and I simply could not be apart from BB and DD.  Now that they're older, C and I seem to have come closer on this issue, trying to balance the needs of all our relationships.

I guess this is just part of what it means to be a couple with children.  A family.  And like everything else with children, just when you think you've struck the perfect balance, they go and change on you and throw everything out of whack.  For now, I look forward to every other Saturday night when we can go out just the two us without worrying about packing juice or snacks or tissues.  I figure C and I will have plenty of time to spend together once the boys don't want to travel with us anymore.

Comments

  1. One day this blog/book will be treasured by your children and perhaps their children. How absolutely wonderful that you have put your love in writing and photographs. Very lovely indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts