Spring Break 2011 - Day 5

It seems every vacation has one of these days.  You know, one of those lazy days where you just want to eat and shop.  At least this is true for us.  So we drove south to a nearby beach town that is much more commercial than where we're staying and spent the day shopping for souvenirs.  We visited another branch of the Island Bookstore and again, it did not disappoint.  We picked up a few more books for the boys, one I had never heard of called Where is Strawberry Moshi?"  They only carried the one book but as it turns out there are a series of these Moshi Moshi  Kawaii books.  They are similar to the Where's Waldo? series which my boys are extremely fond of.  I'll be ordering the rest of the series when we return home.

On the bookseller's recommendation we ate lunch at a nearby restaurant on the water.  On the kids' menu was NY Strip with fries.  Sold!  I ordered the clambake for one.  

I've got several things on the list that I still want to do before we go home on Saturday but today was a reminder that I need to slow things down.  On the long drive back to our house, we pulled into the parking lot of a toy store and told the boys we were going to go in and pick out some toys.  I thought they were going to fly out of the car; instead, they BOTH said no, they didn't want to go to the store.  They wanted to go to the house and play.  After getting over the shock of it, we stopped by the grocery store for some dinner provisions and headed back.  I made roast chicken, broccoli and cauliflower, and rice for dinner.  BB had seconds.  We spent the rest of the evening reading all of our new books and playing Legos.  Vacation time is family time.

Comments

Popular Posts