A Day Off

It's rare that I take a day off from work for no reason, usually reserved for when the nanny is sick or unavailable.  The boys didn't have school today so I decided to stay home and give the nanny the day off.  First thing, we went for a walk in the neighborhood to fetch coffee.  Then we dropped C off at work and headed for Huntley Meadows Park.

Since coming back from OBX I've been in search of boardwalk trails and I finally found a local one at Huntley Meadows.  There is a trail that leads to a ½ mile boardwalk wetland trail with plenty of wildlife to see.  We saw white egrets and blackbirds.  We heard all kinds of frogs and birds.  I even saw a huge snapping turtle but by the time I called the boys back, it had gone underwater to hide.

While we were playing, I realized how good it felt to take a break from the everyday and spend some unscheduled time with the boys.

Comments

Popular Posts