We Must Be Doing Something Right




As his parents, C and I know how lucky we are to have BB as our son.  He's quick to smile and laugh, include others, empathize, and share.  But while trick-or-treating Sunday evening, our little knight in shining armor brought me to tears.  One of the houses was having a party for all the neighbors complete with great decorations and a large fire.  DD was immediately drawn to the fire and started walking quickly towards it.  I cautioned from about 10 feet away to steer clear of the fire but before I finished my declaration, BB grabbed onto DD's Iron Man muscles and pulled him away from the fire pit.  He did it silently and without direction.  He did it because he is good.  So, so good.

This mama was just glad that it was pitch black outside and that I could put the camera upto my face to hide the tears.  It was my best Halloween yet.

P.S. Before you call me out on this, this is not our neighborhood.  Instead of trick-or-treating in our neighborhood, we decided to head over to Grandma/Grandpa's house this year.  It's hard for little ones to navigate all the steps leading up to the brownstones in our hood.

Comments

Popular Posts