Soup For Breakfast

So little BB ended up having a fever and a headache (from coughing) yesterday.  At bedtime, I got to work concocting a yummy soup for their lunch the following day.  I used lean short ribs I found at our farmer's market and some snowy white daikon radish.  No shiitakes in the house so I used fresh baby portabellos.  This morning BB said he smelled soup (the kid has a nose like a chef) and asked for some.  So instead of fruit and oatmeal, their usual breakfast, they had steaming bowls of daikon pork rib soup with some rice.  They ate it all up and were off to school.  I didn't have time to take a picture of it but the broth was golden colored and it all looked so tasty.  I'll take a picture next time.

In case you were wondering, no crying this morning at drop off.  So happy.

Comments

Popular Posts