Getting Ready for Fall

Note: This post was written earlier this week.

It's naptime at the house.  Nice and quiet while I think about what I need to get down before the boys wake up and we head out again this afternoon.  Today is the unofficial end of summer.  School starts in 2 days for BB and DD's new teacher will be coming to our home tomorrow for a visit.  I've got the boys' new backpacks and we bought several pairs of new shoes yesterday along with some jackets. Now I just need to pick out some clothes to keep in their cubby holes in school.

We dropped off 2 large bags of items at Goodwill yesterday and I've got more to go through - clothes, toys, kitchen items, books.  C is working on some house projects.  I'm looking for a good applesauce recipe to try with the basketful of jonagolds we picked over the weekend.  Tonight I've got to go through all of their Fall clothes and see if there is anything each of them can still wear.

I started gathering decorations for Halloween, things that we'll be putting up first week of October to get everyone in the spirit of things.  BB has his heart set on picking his own pumpkins and going on tractor rides.  So what things are you doing in the kitchen, around the house, outside the house and with the kids...and for yourself(!) to prepare for fall?

Of course despite my planning, the weatherman tells me that it will be in the low 90s tomorrow.  So much for crisp cool autumn.

Comments

Popular Posts