First Day of Preschool

Update:  I picked DD up from his first day.  I was anxious and fully expected him to cry when he saw me.  As he walked out of his classroom across the playground with his teacher he saw me.  He called out "Mama, Mama" repeatedly and then ran to me.  He was HAPPY.  He tried to tell me what happened.  It was a bit unclear - something about a teacher in yellow hugging him.  He said he wants to return tomorrow.  DD melts my heart.


Today is DD's first day of preschool. He cried at drop off, mainly because they took him away at the curb leading up to the school and didn't allow us to walk him in and say goodbye and let him know we would be picking him up in a little bit.  I went with it at the time because I didn't want him to get more upset but sitting here thinking about it, I'm upset.  I don't like this method.  I can only hope that he calmed down quickly and he knows that I will be there to get him.

Beyond that though, I have to say I am so proud of the little man.  This weekend he made a huge stride in swimming class - no crying, let C float him on his back and everything.  He told C he didn't want to get out of the pool when the class was over.  After that C took him to the hospital to get his blood drawn (standard lead test) and he was fine with it.

The first day of school for any child marks an important milestone.  But I see DD growing up and reaching milestones all the time these days.

Comments

Popular Posts