Twins Separated By Two Years

Despite the title of this post, BB and DD certainly do not seem like twins to us.  However, people frequently ask us if BB and DD are twins.  I always laugh at this because they look nothing alike and they were almost exactly born two years apart (with the same expected due date).  BB is a whole head taller than DD as well.

But beyond this question about the boys being twins, they do get along very well.  While they have their share of squabbles, each one protects the other.  Each one thinks of the other when getting treats or gifts.  Each one even gets upset with C or I when we discipline the other.

Having their birthdays so close in the calendar has been a blessing.  Despite the onslaught of parties and cakes in an intense month long celebration, it means neither child feels left out.  It's amazing the grace with which each of them displayed at the other's party.  No tantrums, no poor behavior.  And did you know they open all of their presents together?  I mean DD let BB open half of his presents, and BB did the same.  Then they just share a communal pile of presents with no argument.  It's always been this way and sometimes I worry that C and I aren't doing the right thing, that maybe we should instill in them a stronger sense of ownership.  But for now, I'm going to let things be and enjoy the peace around here.  We still have a few more birthday celebrations to go this round.

P.S. Why are they wearing pajama tops?  We were on our way to Tae Kwon Do class and I didn't want them to get their uniform tops dirty so I kept them in their pajama tops.  So sue me.

Comments

Popular Posts