A Birthday Party

The large gymnastics room at the school BB went to for years has been a source of pain for DD.  For a long time, he was simply too young to participate in classes and then by the time he was old enough, we couldn't coordinate our schedule to accommodate him.  It was with this in midn taht we decided to have a gymnastics party for DD.

And although I didn't doubt it, DD was the perfect host.  We got there first to make sure things were set up.  He greeted his friends as they came through the door and gestured at them toward the room.  He and BB waited patiently looking through the window into the room full of equipment and apparatus until they got the go ahead.  I think C and I had almost as much fun as the boys talking to parents and watching the kids jump and climb. 

The party train ain't over.  DD's having his class party this week and then we're celebrating with a small family party.  I love celebrating the boys' birthdays because it's a milestone for me as well.  At the end of the night, C and I high-fived each other for another great year.

Comments

Popular Posts