Launching Rockets And Shooting For The Stars

After DD's birthday party over the weekend, we went to my parents' house.  DD couldn't resist opening the presents he received.  His friend L got him an awesome rocket launcher, simply designed and requiring no batteries.  Our favorite kind of toy.  We set it up immediately and let DD launch away as the sun went down.

Certain opportunities have come up recently, and in the past, there would be no question as to what my answer would be.  But now, as a mother, the answer is unclear.  In the last 5 years I've been in countless situations that required me to leave before the boys woke up, come home after they were asleep, or travel and miss seeing them for days.  I've worked evenings and nights and weekends, missing outings and eventually shying away from planning events for fear of disappointing them and myself.  And although I thrived under those circumstances in the past, I've struggled immensely since having BB.  I've come to understand myself more than I ever have in the past.  And I'm realizing that, at least for now, I don't necessarily have to shoot for the stars professionally.  But it's always nice to be asked.

Comments

Popular Posts