A Day With DD

C took BB camping with some friends for the weekend leaving DD and I to enjoy the beautiful weather and each other's company.  I always look forward to one-on-one time with each of the boys.  There are certain aspects of their personalities that come out and there is time to have long conversations without the other one interrupting.

On Saturday we had a leisurely morning and then started with the top of our list.  We did a lot of things and didn't do some things that were on our list, like missing a birthday party.  After lunch, DD caught a cat nap in the car and then we headed out for a walk in the neighborhood.  There was a flea market at the corner where DD charmed his way into a free glass of lemonade and I scored a brand new set of Quercetti alphabet magnets and a vintage set of Georges Pompidou Centre blocks.  After more shopping, we drove to Cabin John Park to enjoy the great weather and take a ride on the miniature train.  Me and my guy had a wonderful dinner of tempura, udon and chicken tonkatsu and had a chill drive back home.

We both miss C and BB; DD's been telling me he misses them.  They're back midday Sunday but I do wish I had one more day like today to spend with DD.

Comments

Popular Posts