Winter Bake Sale

 
I have been thinking about what to make for our preschool's bake sale for a few weeks now, figuring out what I could make the night before so that it stayed as fresh as possible.  In the end, I decided on chocolate dipped pretzels.  I waited until the last minute to purchase all the things I needed which worked out just fine except for the packaging.  My original plan was to package the chocolate pretzels in cello bags like the one you see here (but smaller).  Of course Target was all out of them.  It was 9:30 and no other store was open.  Luckily I saw these treat bags in an end cap and I grabbed several packs.t they aren't see through.  I printed out ingredients labels and used those to seal each treat bag.  The one cello bag will be used as a display so bake sale buyers can know what they're getting.

A tip for those thinking about making the same thing - chocolate dipped pretzels are a particularly good idea in the winter because instead of clearing out your freezer for space, you can lay your cookie sheets outside and let the chocolate harden.  C laid ours out in our vestibule and in no time the chocolate was hard enough to handle and wrap.

P.S. I meant to take photos through the process but my hands were covered in chocolate!

Comments

Popular Posts