Scott's Run Nature Preserve

On Saturday, the sun broke through the fog and the temperatures warmed up nicely.  We headed to Scott's Run Nature Preserve, our first visit, although I know I tried once a few years ago, missed the turn and decided to just keep on going to either Potomac Overlook or Great Falls.  This time I was careful not to miss the turn and we made it with no problems.  I had high hopes to hike the approximately 2-mile trail, but once we crossed the run and found a rocky beach area, the boys settled in and refused to go further.  An hour or so later, DD finally fell into the water and we started heading back to the car.  Maybe next time we'll do the the trail in the reverse direction so we don't get to the rocky beach until we're almost done.

I haven't been on an outing like this with just the boys in a long time.  Though we love to have C around, it was nice to have some alone time with BB and DD too.

Comments

Popular Posts