A Chill Long Weekend

The weather was devastatingly beautiful over the weekend.  Warm, sunny, bright.  The boys, however, took turns being sick.  That meant no major outings, just shopping and errands and (surprisingly) our regular classes.  One of the things we did was to take BB to a comic book store for the first time.  Otherwise, there was a lot of time at home and it made me realize how much I enjoy staying home sometimes, piddling around the house, cooking, organizing; generally living all over the house.

So even though the weather was mild, it is winter after all and I remember reading an article a few years ago reminding me that the rhythms of our bodies change with the seasons.  It said that it's natural in the cold winter months to enjoy the cozy indoors and be less physically active.  I guess we're like bears stuffing ourselves with trout and blueberries before a long winter's nap.

Comments

Popular Posts