A Few Stolen Moments + An Inch

The perfect situation presented itself Friday - snow was coming in the afternoon and much of the office was already at home or leaving early to pick up kids.  So I left early as well to steal a few moments by myself over at the Hirshhorn.  The Ai WeiWei exhibit was still there so I revisited some of the exhibit.  But my main objective was to check out some of the pieces in the permanent collection that I often breeze past when I'm with the boys.  Enjoying modern art in a serene gallery while looking through floor to ceiling windows out at the falling snow and rush hour traffic?  Blissful.

So after I got home and gathered the boys' snow gear, I made a pot of spaghetti sauce and headed out to play in an inch (barely) of snow.  What's great about city living is that any nice patch of land can become your own backyard, even the corner of 19th and R Streets.  With any luck, this is just the start of the snow season here in D.C.

Comments

Popular Posts