Taking In A Show

A few months ago I purchased tickets for BB and I to go and see a Year With Frog And Toad over at the Adventure Theatre at Glen Echo.  The group always puts on quality productions enjoyable for kids and adults alike.  We've been reading Frog and Toad books so BB was familiar with the stories.  I always look forward to the minutes before the show when I can check out the set design.  I managed to take a few photos of the Frog And Toad set - simple and beautiful.  You aren't supposed to take photos so I'll just show you the one.  After the show BB got in line himself to greet the cast. 

No trip to Glen Echo is complete without a ride or two on the historic carousel.  It's a beautifully maintained carousel that opened on Memorial Day, the day we visited.  BB had his eye on the hare (he's still quite fond of the Tortoise And The Hare fable).

While we were taking in the show and playing at Glen Echo, C took DD to a water park in Virginia to cool down in the hot weather.  We skipped a BBQ with friends due to the heat and opted to spend an evening indoors with new playdoh, Legos and batting practice.  I'll just say that although lightweight, wiffle balls still can hurt.

Comments

Popular Posts