Missing: Ceiling, Wall + Floor

This is what things are looking like in the soon-to-be playroom.  It is our guest room when friends and family come, our study when they leave, and a perpetual overflow room.  This is what it used to look like before we bought the house.  I know.  Shocking.  We voluntarily did this.  Those beautiful built-ins made of real wood.  Gone.  We're down to the studs.  But I'm confident that by the time we're finished with this mini-project, the room will be more functional for our purposes.

This past weekend I spent part of the time looking at paint samples and making a list of the things we need to buy for the new playroom.  The boys didn't really nap on Friday so I knew they weren't going to be up for dinner out (my new plans be damned).  Instead I took them for a drive through the city to the airport and then to pick up C.  By then they were both fast asleep.  C and I went to our destination restaurant to let them sleep and got carryout.  We also got back on track with the boys going to their classes on Saturday and then we all went to Wegmans, my favorite food store, in the afternoon.  It's way out in the suburbs but well worth it.  While I shopped, C pushed them in those shopping carts with a small car attached to the front and popped wheelies.  After dinner we finished up the shopping before heading home.  But not before BB helped an elderly woman buy a lottery ticket from a vending machine.  Long story but the gist of it was BB wanted to push the buttons on the machine.  Wish I had had my camera with me.

Comments

Popular Posts