My Recommended Art Supplies For Those Indoor Days

The weather is turning colder quickly here,  As a result, I have been turning more and more to my cabinet of supplies to give the boys something to do other than Minecraft. The supply cabinet went through a major paring down a few weeks ago and I haven't done much replenishing.  Want to see some of our favorites?
  • Kid Made Modern: I've mentioned this line before.  We love their art supply kits, our most recent purchase was the Animal Adventure Block kit.  Check out the quality of the wood cut-out animals - fantastic.  Their basic supplies are great too.  We love their water color paper, markers, paint brushes, and especially  their color pencils.  We own about 4 sets of their color pencils that we put out all at once in a large basket for BB and DD to use.  They are a staple.
  • IKEA Mala:  Another series I've mentioned before.  The Mala art supplies are a real bargain. The best stuff are their paints, squeeze glitter paints, and markers.  If you haven't tried IKEA art supplies, pick up a few next time.
  • Lyra pencils:  These are the loveliest color pencils around - rich color and soft textures.  The pencils last a long, long time when treated well.  Lyra are more expensive but try them once and you'll see why kids love them.
  • Color Appeel:  Buy a few packs of these to keep in your bag.  You'll always be ready to entertain the kids.  Unlike regular crayons, they don't break easily.  You keep them fresh by pulling the string and peeling away some of the paper to reveal more color!  We buy these for friends as a go to fun gifts.
  • Artist's Loft watercolors:  The cheapest and the best - $4.99 for an entire set of 36 rich colors. Once I found these, I've never bought another brand.
  • IKEA Glis:  For my grand finale, I give you the Glis box from IKEA.  Holy cow, this little guy is a work horse.  I bought one to try but definitely will be going back for more.
So now you know what's hiding in our art cabinet.  Once daylight savings time hits, we will be spending more time indoors so making sure we're ready is a good idea.  I'll post soon about what's lurking in our game cabinet!

Comments

Popular Posts