Fall Beach Trip

The boys did not have school on Friday and I've been planning for a while to take that day off for some mama time.  The forecast had predicted rain so the plan was to go to a movie but when the weather started looking up, I decided to drive to the beach.  I had planned on taking the boys on a trip to the beach earlier in the Fall, but the weekend we had chosen was hurricane weekend, so we were all due.

Everything went our way that day - virtually no one was at the beach, they don't charge admission on Fridays, and the sun came out from behind a thick cover of cloud just as we arrived.  Traffic, on the other hand, was not agreeable at all and it turned a 90 minute drive to almost two hours.  It didn't matter though; the boys had fabulous fun.  I got to relax on my beach towel while BB and DD came up with endless games of make believe.  In one day they were chefs, anthropologists, paleontologists, and explorers.

Comments

Popular Posts