Happy Weekend

It's been a roller coaster week.  No snow (have we seen the last of it?) but we had a tornado watch and a pretty scary storm.  I'm sick so we ended up skipping swimming that night, which I'm glad we did because the power went out at the school and they were all in the dark waiting for swimmers to be picked up.  But there was still swimming

Once I'm done with work today, I'm going to put the brakes on hard and focus on my little family. Today is a half day of school so I'm working from home to meet them early.  Then BB is going to a birthday party and I'll be spending time with DD doing whatever he wants while I nurse my cold.  I have a few fun outings planned for the weekend so I need to recover!

What's been going on lately?  Well, every time we go to the bookstore, the boys get into new (or renewed) subject matter. DD is back into dinosaurs.  BB has been reading a lot of literature about the great outdoors.  BB is writing for the school newspaper and is also the comic strip author.  He also has to do a report on his favorite Greek myth and practice his violin more.  It was a so-so week in judo and we skipped the last class in ice skating in order to visit Annmarie last week.  None of it is extraordinary, just some of the details of our day-to-day life.  It's exciting to me though because this is my family growing and changing and progressing.  Happy weekend.

Comments

Popular Posts