A Realization During Winter Storm Jonas

During our lovely snow break, I was cooking hearty meals to keep bellies full and warm.  It occurred to me that with BB's and DD's growing appetites, I needed to step up the portions I cook if C and me want a chance at eating any.  My regular Dutch oven just won't do anymore.  I bought a much larger one recently that I had planned to use for when were entertaining, but during the snow days, I realized that it needs to be my day-to-day Dutch oven from now on.  

That realization kind of blew me away.  It alone is a small thing, but it's a sign of how our family is constantly changing because of those two.  Speaking of change, I've said it before here but I'm so so pleased that we moved to this house.  While we love our old home still and the city neighborhood, I am so grateful that the boys can go outside to play independently.  They have lots of room to roam and explore on their own.

It's the weekend.  I'm kicking back eating strawberries on the couch and watching old movies while C is out with a friend. 

Comments

Popular Posts