Taipei, Day 9 - DiHua Historical Area

On the morning of Day 9, I started to realize that our days were dwindling.  We headed off in the late morning for some quick but serious shopping and light lunch at Sogo in Tianmu.  I had read that the DiHua area of Taipei had become the target of some serious revitalization now called Art Yard.  Lots of independent shops, cafes and galleries had moved in among the old dried good stores.  On Day 9, we ventured out to have a look.

As first timers, it's wasn't easy to navigate and figure out where all of the shopping was.  I'm not convinced I found everything.  But we did come upon a lovely tea house and a cafe.  While C and the boys hung around the cafe, I walked around the small streets and alleyways.  It was the most time I spent alone in Taipei for our entire trip.

It was a warm day and by late afternoon, the boys just wanted to cab home.  We did just that and had dinner at the little takeaway food stalls near our apartment.  Once the sun went down, the evening was beautiful.  A little nighttime playground action was necessary before heading to bed.

Comments

Popular Posts