A Happy Mothers Day

Did you have a nice one?  I sure did.  The boys (with C orchestrating) surprised me with a Sunday sleep-in, flowers, lattes, breakfast, cards and hugs.  What more could I ask for?  In the afternoon between errands, C and I went to check out Maketto in the H Street corridor. It is an awesome space - part retail, part cafe, part restaurant.  We enjoyed tea and coffee in their light and airy upstairs cafe, but was bummed to find out that the kitchen is only open for lunch and then dinner - nothing in between.  We'll be back to try out their Taiwan eats and I'll write up a full review then.

I have to say I really enjoy this type of laid-back Mothers Day.  It's preferable to the traditional scheduled brunch that everyone stresses about.  The fact of the matter is it has been my absolute privilege and joy to be the Mama to these two little bears.  C and I count our lucky stars every night that they came to us.

Comments

Popular Posts