Sunday Mornings + Cooking

Sunday mornings have become one of the favorite parts of our weekends.  Since moving swimming to Saturdays, Sundays have become somewhat lazy.  C and I even sleep in a little now that the boys like to amble downstairs to play on their own.  They do expect full breakfasts and I'm more than happy to oblige.  The first thing though is make the coffee.  Then I cook while having my first cup.  

On Sunday while cutting their fruit, I remembered that I still had my Muji porcelain divided plates I hadn't yet unwrapped. They are the perfect size to serve up a breakfast for BB and DD.  I bought them on my last solo trip to NYC two years ago.

I am relatively new to cooking, having never cooked until we had BB and he started eating table food.  That's when I realized I needed to start making homemade meals.  Sometimes I enjoy cooking and baking; on other nights after a long day at work, it's not so fun.  I mentioned that I'm starting with Blue Apron next week.  I hope that helps.  But I do other things to give myself a little boost when I'm not in the mood to cook - use good looking tableware, keep a well-stocked pantry/refrigerator, buy quality ingredients, and buy new cookbooks for inspiration.

Comments

Popular Posts