Office Refresh

I've come to realize that I nest in the cold months and that around the New Year, I get obsessive about the house.  Unlike those who have a urge for Spring cleaning, the height of my interest hits about now.  You saw the final touches we made in the boys' room.  A month back, we also built out their closet so that it now has more storage than they need.  A few pieces of artwork is all that is left to do.

The other thing we've been working on is the office.  In the new house, our office is one of my favorite rooms.  Even though it's located in the front of the house, it is a very private, cozy space with it's own fireplace.  Before moving in, I thought maybe we'd create a small den in there for movie watching.  Once we moved in, I scrapped the idea and we bought a desk (we donated our old one) and set up shop in there. After a year of getting used to both boys having homework, some of which requires the computer, and me getting work done, plans in my head started forming for separate work stations.  We ended up purchasing secretary-style desks last week.  I love how neatly they close up when not in use. My initial thought was to place them back to back so that BB and DD each could have more privacy when doing school work.  But they also like to play Minecraft, sitting side by side, as they do now and look at each other's screens, so side by side it is for now.

The desks have a nice space up top to put things like books, papers, and work supplies.  We bought these LED work lamps to tuck inside each one.  In the rest of the room, I still need to get rid of a few items, hang some pictures, and organize the large closet in there. For the most part, the room is done for now and it's on to the next project!

Comments

Popular Posts