Magical Weekend

The boys, especially BB, has been interested in magic on and off since he was a very young toddler. He used to perform magic tricks by saying to us in his baby voice "up here!  Now, down here!" (He thought "appear" was "up here").  So cute!  After watching a few Penn & Teller shows recently, BB's interests in magic resurfaced.  So this weekend, we're going to see a live magic show at Blackrock, our first time there.

All kids love magic.  And I don't mean magic tricks only.  BB and DD love to see the secrets behind magicians' tricks; who doesn't?  But they also still believe in the magical powers of Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, and the Easter Bunny.  And for that, I'm so grateful.  I'm so pleased that they still have their cloak of innocence.  So many kids their age have lost it already.  I've always believed that one of my parenting goals was to keep them as innocent as possible for as long as possible.  The magic of childhood is a beautiful thing, and when it's gone, it's gone.  The only thing that has ever come close again for me is having my own children.

Comments

Popular Posts