C's Birthday + Costumes

It was a long weekend and C's birthday this past weekend.  It would have been nice to travel out of town, but the boys had school on Monday and there was an open house event so we stayed put. The weather wasn't cooperating with all of the outdoor activities I wanted to do either.  I always feel so regretful when Mother Nature deals us a bad weekend in the Fall because good weather in the Fall is unbelievable - crisp, sunny but cool.  Those days are numbered and when one of the prime weekends is overcast, cold, and rainy, it's just not right.

We did manage to have a good time though. C and I had lots of time to run errands and spend some time together - alone.  We celebrated with cake, presents, and the obligatory bowl of birthday noodles.

In between celebrating, we did some serious Halloween shopping for the boys' costumes.  As you know by now, my boys just aren't the type that can be happy with a standard issue Captain America costume from Target.  It can't be that easy.  The characters they want to be don't come in a pre-made box.  And even though it's their favorite holiday, and fun for me as a parent, I have to say I always dread Halloween just a little because of the costume stress.  I won't reveal just yet what BB and DD have decided to dress as this year.  We're not quite done assembling the necessary items just yet.

Comments

Popular Posts