Historic Ellicott City on a Friday Off

For reasons I don't quite understand, the boys had no school on Friday (but had school on Columbus Day Monday), which meant that I had to take off on Friday, which meant that I had a three-day work week last week.  At the last minute, C had to cancel plans to take the day off with us so our more ambitious idea of going out of town was quickly foiled.  Not wanting to waste the absolutely beautiful Fall day, I took the boys on a long drive to historic Ellicott City.  We had a great time shopping the main street which is lined with interesting little shops.  I kept my wits about me and bought nothing but there was plenty of interesting things that could have come home with us, including vintage toys.  While browsing through one of the home stores, BB and DD got down to a serious chess game that they had to finish before we could leave.  I told the boys we'd return around Christmas time for some shopping.

We spent the rest of the day taking a nature walk and looking for eye-catching leaves to preserve in wax paper.  The leaves in our neighborhood are on the cusp of turning.  This weekend might yield even better results.

Comments

Popular Posts