Winter Meadow

Have we had enough snow?  For us the answer is not yet.  There were light flurries Saturday morning that weren't going to amount to anything but it was a great opportunity to take a walk in the falling snow.  The trails were completely covered in snow and ice as was the boardwalk. Ever since we've been coming here, I've wanted to visit during the snowy winter and we finally got our chance.  We had the whole place to ourselves, save for one photographer, the geese and ducks.  Many times in the past I'd bring the boys by myself and I would have to make sure I had the energy to carry DD and a heavy bag all the way back, while tending to BB as well.  Even when C came with us, it was the same because we'd end up hoisting both kids on our shoulders for the long walk back to the car.  Those days are behind me now and I'm both relieved and sad.
I'm thinking the snow on the ground now is the last of it for this season.  It's been a long winter but we're not complaining.  It actually snowed again Monday night and added another inch to what we've got now but we'll likely lose it all to the warm temperatures this week.  Just glad we had the opportunity to frolic in the snowy meadow.

Comments

Popular Posts