Snowy Mountain

In a change in attitude from my post about January blues, I've embraced winter.  Really I have no choice but to lean into this brutally cold, snowy, icy, neverending winter that we are experiencing here in DC.  Even though it chills me to the bone, the sight of fat snowflakes falling in our backyard among the trees is too beautiful not to bring a smile to your face.  So I was actually glad to hear that the groundhog predicts another 6 weeks of winter.  The next potential for a snowstorm will be this coming weekend.  Fingers and toes are crossed.

We headed up to the Catoctin Mountains this past weekend to take a hike in the beautiful snow.  But once we came across a frozen creek on the trail, we ended up parked there for over an hour while BB and DD played and chipped away at the ice.  Eventually, they both fell through and we had to go but oh it was fun while it lasted.

Comments

Popular Posts