Living In A Modern Prefab Home

The thing I looked forward to most about Luminhaus was living in it.  I wanted to know how a modern prefab really lives, especially with a young family.  Well, it lived wonderfully.  The open floor plan, reminiscent of our old loft, is perfect for a family.  No matter what I was doing in the house, I could see the kids.  The glass wall in the back and side of the house meant that I could see the boys when they were outside on the property.

We lived happily among the artwork.  The owners of Luminhaus have placed beautiful pieces of art, big and small, all over the house.  Luminhaus not only is mountain retreat, it is an art gallery.  So I
worried that I would be telling the boys not to touch this and that but that never happened.  And it gave me hope for displaying some of the nice things I have and perhaps acquiring more art in the future.

The use of materials like corrugated steel for some of the walls and plywood for the flooring was, I suspect, for both design and budget reasons.  But such choices also mean the house is sturdy enough to handle kids.  The windows let in a ton of natural light.  BB loved drawing at the dining room table morning and afternoon.  When evening came, the light slowly dimmed before going black, putting all of us in an easy rhythm with nature.

Comments

Popular Posts