The Last of October

This is it for October.  The final weekend before Halloween and we just picked up the boys' costumes.  A bit of sewing and customizing and we'll be ready for the school parade and trick or treating in the evening.  It's been a low key wind up to Halloween for us.  I'm not complaining but I am a little surprised.

But then we move right into the holiday season!  It's my favorite time of year, my only complaint being that it comes and goes too quickly.  Who already is thinking about all the wonderful smells and feels that come out of the holiday season?  I'll try not to jump ahead especially because we're heading into a warm, sunny weekend.

I snapped the photo above when meeting a friend for lunch at the newly opened Terrace Cafe at the NGA.  Before it closed, there used to be a cafe in that space that served beverages only.  My friend and I used to have an afternoon latte in that cafe during days that looked like we would be staying in the office all night.  We met up for lunch in the new space and reminisced about old times.

Comments

Popular Posts