Typical Sundays

We had ourselves a delightful outing last Sunday, typical of what our weekends used to look like and what I hope to get back to.  The weather cooled down and we headed out to Great Falls for a nice walk through nature.  I know I've said this many times but I feel so lucky to have all of this nature in our backyard.  

Fast forward to this past weekend, C and I ran our typical errands and stocked up on food and other items for the house.  Transitioning from the summer fruits is tough - the stone fruits are disappearing; cherries stopped making an appearance several weeks ago; the watermelons are scarce; and apples and pumpkins have commandeered much retail space at Whole Foods.  I hate this part - saying goodbye to the summer bounty.  We stopped by the Chinese market so that I could treat myself to one more bag of lychees but they were gone.  Longans had to do.  I thought about buying some white pumpkins but decided to hold off.  I'm not ready yet.

Comments

Popular Posts