Riley's Lock

C went on his usual camping trip with a friend for the weekend, leaving the 3 of us to entertain ourselves.  Not that we don't miss C when he's away but it is also fun to hang out with BB and DD on my own.  

I was planning to see a movie on Friday or Saturday but there wasn't anything worth seeing that we haven't already seen.  So after swimming, we hung out at home and had dinner and a late night.  The next day I was hoping for chilly weather, but we got party cloudy instead which was fine by us. We drove for a while until I accidentally came upon Riley's Lock along the C&O Canal.  It ended up being a great hike - not crowded at all with lots of new landscapes to see.  Hunger pangs eventually took over and we picked up lunch on the way home before heading right back out for music lessons. We stocked up the freezer with their favorite sorbet and ice cream and I made a big pot of chicken curry for dinner, perfect for welcoming fall.  

On special weekends like this, the boys always ask for something special.  As a surprise, I scooped desserts into to-go cups instead of announcing bedtime, I told them we'd go for a night drive with the windows down.  DD wanted to go to our local downtown and the book store so we did that.  We browsed, bought some books, and finally headed home at 10!

Comments

Popular Posts